Signs You Should Replace Your Roof
Your roof plays an important role in protecting your home against the natural elements. As a homeowner, you should ensure that your roof is always in the best condition possible. One of the most effective ways to maximize your home’s safety is to recognize the signs that your roof requires replacement.
There are a number of factors that point to excessive roof deterioration. When repairs are out of the question, you should consider finding a reputable roofing company, such as Haggerty Windows & Siding, to professionally replace your roof.
When you think your roof has seen better days, contact Haggerty Windows & Siding for prompt and efficient roof replacement services. Here are the signs that indicate you’re in need of a new roof.
● Excessive Age | Common roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles, reach the end of their lifespans around 20 to 25 years. If your home is older than 25 years and you know it hasn’t had a new roof in a while, you may need to consider scheduling a replacement service.
● Broken Shingles | After years of wear and tear, your roof’s shingles may start to crack, curl, or split. Your shingles are a key component in protecting your home from water damage and other issues. When you start to notice most of your shingles appear worn down, you may be due for a new roof.
● Uneven Surface | A roof’s surface should be even and sturdy. When your roof requires replacement, you will notice the surface to appear to sag in various areas. Contact Haggerty Windows & Siding as soon as possible for prompt and efficient roof replacement services.
● Missing Shingles | In addition to broken shingles, when your roof starts to pieces of its material, you may require a new roof. Missing shingles often indicate that your roof is failing. Additionally, because shingles protect your roof from experiencing water damage, you will want to have new shingles installed as soon as possible.
● Deterioration Around Chimney | When the material around your roof’s chimney becomes worn down and broken, your home may be at risk of experiencing leaks. Take a moment to inspect the area near your chimney and vents on your roof to ensure the area is still in good condition. If you require assistance with your roof inspection, contact the team at Haggerty Windows & Siding.
● Pieces of Shingles in Your Gutters | Inspecting your gutters for shingle granules is another way to determine whether your roof is due for a replacement. When a roof reaches the end of its life span, it will become loose and weak. Its weakened state can result in pieces of shingles breaking off and landing in the gutters. By taking a look through your gutters, you will know when your roof is ready for a replacement. Learn more about when your gutters need replacing here.
● Sun Shining Through the Ceiling | Noticing daylight coming through the ceiling in your attic is another indication that your roof has reached the end of its life cycle. When the roof becomes excessively worn away, daylight will be seen through various cracks and crevices.
● General Instability | While the team at Haggerty Windows & Siding is happy to conduct a roof inspection, you can determine whether your roof requires replacement by walking on it. If you feel as though you can feel your roof bounce when you walk on it, that may indicate the shingles aren’t properly protecting your roof from water damage. This instability is a good indication that your roof may be in need of replacement.
By taking the time to keep an eye out for these signs, you will be better able to keep your home durable and reliable. For quality roof replacement services that will supply you with lasting results, contact Haggerty Windows & Siding. Our team of professional roofers will ensure your home remains secure and protected.
Why Work With Haggerty Windows & Siding?
Your roof is a critical component of your home’s overall stability, which is why you shouldn’t put its replacement in the hands of just anyone. Put your trust in a team of qualified and experienced roofing professionals such as the one at Haggerty Windows & Siding.
We bring unmatched expertise and high-quality results to ever roof replacement. We know what it takes to securely install high-quality products on homeowners’ roofs. Using thorough communication and years of experience, we provide our customers with roof replacement services capable of enhancing their home’s security.
Contact Haggerty Windows & Siding Today
From roof replacement to siding installation, our team can help you with just about any of your exterior improvement needs. We utilize top-notch expertise and high-quality workmanship to provide our customers with lasting results.
To schedule a service with our team of dedicated contractors, contact Haggerty Windows & Siding today at 515-953-6999.